- Understands and applies engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships
- Perform cost-to-complete analysis for all cost elements within a project taking into consideration staffing plans, contract commitments, and expenditures to date, change orders and trends.
- Attend project meetings to provide Management with current financial information and trend log regarding potential impacts to project budget or forecast.
- Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
- Analyze bid award values against current budget and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast at completion.
- Update project and contract commitments, reconcile and analyze actual expenditures, create budget transfers, monitor trend status and maintain continuity of project and financial WBS structure
- Work with cross functional teams including engineering, construction, environmental, permitting, and lead project meetings, and implement project plans.
- Participate in design review meetings, review IFC job packages, job walk downs, coordinate with GC/Construction managers to track and plan resources.
- 3- to 5-years cost engineering experience with 1- to 3-years in direct support of an active construction projects
- Demonstrated experience managing and reporting the cost components of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort. Experience with Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency with a large-scale cost reporting system is required.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress to both technical- and management-level personnel.
- Ability to work with others, a self-starter with results-driven focus.